Introducing NovaThreads to Dallas Surgical Arts!
NovaThreads is the minimally-invasive alternative to a facelift! Dr. Sanovich is certified to inject PDO threads to any areas of the face to correct unwanted wrinkles and drooping skin. Additionally, as a result of the PDO being absorbed, the skin naturally produces collagen, meaning that patients should need less dermal fillers over time.
What are PDO (Polydioxanone) Threads?
Polydioxanone is an absorbable material being used in other areas of medicine because the threads are fully absorbed by the patient within 4 to 6 months after insertion & do not cause any scar tissue to form. The foreign body (PDO thread) stimulates the body’s collagen synthesis & this increased collagen and strengthened skin structure will secure the desired aesthetic results for another 12 to 15 months.
NovaThreads are needles that are pre-loaded with a PDO thread. Dr. Sanovich will carefully insert the needle into the tissue at a sub-dermal level (under the surface of the skin) & remove the needle. The PDO thread remains under the skin until it is absorbed by the body.
Meshing & Lifting
A young and healthy face has a “V-shape”. Aging and gravity causes this “V-shape” of the face to droop. The Nova-Mesh and the Nova-Lift technology creates a scaffolding in order to support and to delicately lift the tissues and reposition any loose skin. Treatment areas for the NovaThreads include: brow lift, forehead, glabella, marionette lines, nasolabial folds, cheek lift, face lift, jawline, and neck lift.
- Effects should be noticeable immediately after treatment. However, maximum effect will occur in 4-6 weeks.
- Bruising and swelling are normal and expected. If bruising is visible, you can take oral Arnica or apply topical Arnica gel, or schedule a V-Beam laser treatment with Dr. Sanovich
- Asymmetry and irregularity of the tissue is common and will typically resolve in one to two weeks.
- Pain at the insertion points is normal and may last several days after treatment. Please call our office for any excessive pain beyond 2 weeks.
- Excessive movement or animation of the area injected for 2 weeks
- Massage or manipulation of the tissue for 2 weeks.
- Aesthetic treatments including RF, IPL, Laser, or micro-needling for 4 weeks.
- Strenuous exercise for 1 week after
- Steam rooms, saunas, hot tubs, or any water source that could be unclean or excessive in temperature for two weeks.
- Taking Ibuprofen for 2 weeks. Acetaminophen may be taken instead, if needed.
Please call our office if any of the threads are exposed or start to extrude, if you develop a reddened, hard, painful nodule over one or more of the threads, if you experience increased redness, swelling, or pain at the insertion site and if you notice regularity or visible ridges (buckling) of threads (2 weeks post-treatment).
To increase the rate of healing time and decrease swelling and bruising, Dr. Sanovich may encourage you to take oral antihistamines (Zyrtec, Benadryl) and histamine blockers (Zantac, Prilosec, Tagamet).
Ready to schedule?
Please contact the office at 972-776-4888 for any additional questions regarding the NovaThreads procedure!