“It’s too good to be true!” The age old phrase continues to resonate with our society because it proves it’s validity year after year. If you have to ask yourself how certain results are possible, they’re probably not.
Various nonsurgical facelift procedures are notorious for overpromising unattainable results, and leaving patients disappointed and discouraged after numerous expensive rounds of treatment. Dr. Randy Sanovich has perfected the facelift procedure, and each is tailored to maximize each individual patient’s desired results.
Face Lift Benefits
Your face is an incredibly significant part of your identity. The effects of aging can leave your face wrinkled with fine lines, deep creases around the mouth, and a sagging neck and jaw line. As your facial appearance changes, you may look tired, worn out, or haggard. This can take a toll on your self-confidence.
Dr. Sanovich specializes in natural, long-lasting face and neck procedures that will reduce the signs of aging. Face lift surgery can restore a more natural and youthful appearance to your face, helping your personality shine through and allowing you to age more gracefully in the years to come.
Face lift surgery is designed to address a few specific problems that come with age, such as:
- Loss of skin elasticity
- Loss of muscle tone in the face and neck
- Deep creases between the corners of your mouth and the base of your nose
- Loss of chin and neck definition
Modern face lift techniques are more sophisticated than ever, capable of making you look years younger. Dr. Sanovich has had extensive training in facial cosmetic surgery. After performing an in-depth evaluation of your unique facial characteristics, Dr. Sanovich will develop a customized face lift surgery to help you achieve the best results possible.
Not all facelifts are the same, especially when it comes to natural results. Different techniques and the experience level of the surgeon can greatly impact the outcome of a facelift. The current trend is to rebrand a variation of the facelift procedure and claim it as exclusive. A specific name given to a facelift technique may not explain how it’s done and what layers of the face will be affected. Currently, there are very talented surgeons who have trademarked and branded specific facelift techniques, such as the Weekend Lift, Auralyft (Hollywood’s Secret Facelift) or the Ponytail lift. These variations may be designed to enhance incision length, incision placement, level of dissection, degree of undermining, and how much excess skin to remove. Dr. Sanovich has adopted a variety of these modified techniques to make the surgery better for our patients with shorter recovery time, less post-operative swelling and discomfort, and ultimately more natural result.
Advantages of Face Lift Surgery
Face lift surgery can turn back the clock on your appearance in several different ways, including:
- Longevity: The underlying structures or muscles of your face, also known as the superficial musculo-aponeurotic system (SMAS), tend to weaken and sag with age. Before repairing your loose skin, Dr. Sanovich will dissect and rearrange this underlying structure into a better configuration. This means that instead of just pulling the muscles tight with sutures, the tethering points of the platysma/SMAS complex are released and the muscles are elevated. This puts less tension on your skin and helps the results of your face lift last much longer.
- Repairing loose skin: Sagging skin will be carefully trimmed and tightened to restore a more youthful, natural look. Facial skin should not be overly tightened, or it can lead to a ‘pulled’ appearance. This can be done in one setting versus a delayed and mediocre result with current skin tightening non-surgical procedures.
- Improving facial contours: A mid facelift helps restore a smoother look to the cheeks and lower eyelids, while a lower facelift creates a more attractive jawline contour, eliminating jowls and smoothing out the neck area. If you have an excessively fleshy neck or jowls,non-surgical skin tightening or fat reduction procedures will leave you with sub-optimal results.