“It’s too good to be true!” The age-old phrase continues to resonate with our society because it proves its validity year after year. If you have to ask yourself how certain results are possible, they’re probably not.
Various non-surgical facelift procedures are notorious for overpromising unattainable results and leaving patients disappointed and discouraged after numerous expensive rounds of treatment. Dr. Randy Sanovich has perfected the facelift procedure, and each is tailored to maximize each individual patient’s desired results.
Face Lift Benefits
Your face is an incredibly significant part of your identity. The effects of aging can leave your face wrinkled with fine lines, deep creases around the mouth, and a sagging neck and jawline. As your facial appearance changes, you may look tired, worn out, or haggard. This can take a toll on your self-confidence.
Dr. Sanovich specializes in natural, long-lasting face and neck procedures that will reduce the signs of aging. Facelift surgery can restore a more natural and youthful appearance to your face, helping your personality shine through and allowing you to age more gracefully in the years to come.
Facelift surgery is designed to address a few specific problems that come with age, such as:
- Loss of skin elasticity
- Loss of muscle tone in the face and neck
- Deep creases between the corners of your mouth and the base of your nose
- Loss of chin and neck definition
Modern facelift techniques are more sophisticated than ever, capable of making you look years younger. Dr. Sanovich has had extensive training in facial cosmetic surgery. After performing an in-depth evaluation of your unique facial characteristics, Dr. Sanovich will develop a customized facelift surgery to help you achieve the best results possible.
Not all facelifts are the same, especially when it comes to natural results. Different techniques and the experience level of the surgeon can greatly impact the outcome of a facelift. The current trend is to rebrand a variation of the facelift procedure and claim it as exclusive. A specific name given to a facelift technique may not explain how it’s done and what layers of the face will be affected. Currently, there are very talented surgeons who have trademarked and branded specific facelift techniques, such as the Weekend Lift, Auralyft (Hollywood’s Secret Facelift) or the Ponytail lift. These variations may be designed to enhance incision length, incision placement, level of dissection, degree of undermining, and how much excess skin to remove. Dr. Sanovich has adopted a variety of these modified techniques to make the surgery better for our patients with shorter recovery time, less post-operative swelling and discomfort, and ultimately more natural results.
Advantages of Face Lift Surgery
Facelift surgery can turn back the clock on your appearance in several different ways, including:
- Longevity: The underlying structures or muscles of your face, also known as the superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS), tend to weaken and sag with age. Instead of pulling the muscles tight with sutures to correct this, the tethering points of the platysma/SMAS complex are released and the muscles are elevated. This puts less tension on your skin and helps the results of your facelift last much longer.
- Repairing loose skin: Sagging skin will be carefully trimmed and tightened to restore a more youthful, natural look. Facial skin should not be over tightened, or it can lead to a ‘pulled’ appearance. This can be done in one setting versus a delayed and mediocre result with current skin tightening non-surgical procedures.
- Improving facial contours: A mid-facelift helps restore a smoother look to the cheeks and lower eyelids, while a lower facelift creates a more attractive jawline contour, eliminating jowls and smoothing out the neck area. If you have an excessively fleshy neck or jowls,non-surgical skin tightening or fat reduction procedures will leave you with sub-optimal results.
Types of Face Lifts
Facelifts are customized to address the patient’s concerns, and may range from:
- Mini Facelift: Younger patients looking to address a drooping neck, and enhance their jawline and facial contouring may be candidates for a mini-facelift. A mini facelift is perfect for treating pre-jowling, sagging, and excess skin. A mini-facelift is designed to restore a patient’s youthful, natural look. Facial skin should not be over tightened, or it can lead to an unnatural, ‘pulled’ appearance, so Dr. Randy will consult with you to determine the best treatment plan for your desired results.
- SMAS (Traditional) Facelift: The underlying structures or muscles of your face, also known as the superficial musculoaponeurotic system (SMAS), tend to weaken and sag with age. By addressing the face with the SMAS facelift, signs of aging like sagging jowls, excessive fat, skin laxity & volume loss can be corrected.
- Deep-Plane Facelift: A deep-plane facelift candidate is likely a patient who exhibits advanced signs of aging (including jowling, skin laxity, sagging skin, or drooping). To achieve desired facelift results, Dr. Randy will reposition the deep tissue to lift the entire face and contour the jawline and neck without straining the muscle or overtightening the skin. This allows for a natural, subtle transformation. Our patients love the way the deep-plane facelift procedure acts as a time machine and restores their youthful appearance!